The Parish Church of St Colman, Derrykeighan, in the village of Dervock, north Connor, celebrated its 175th anniversary with special services on Sunday September 10.
The present church was consecrated on September 9 1831, and replaced earlier church buildings which served the parish for many centuries.
The services were conducted by the rector, the Rev John Anderson, and guest speaker at the evening service was the Rev William Holmes, former curate assistant of the parish.
During the evening service a special anniversary cake was cut by the rector, Rev Holmes and Canon Adam Johns, former rector. Parishioners and visitors were entertained to supper, including a slice of cake, after the service.
A painting of the church was presented to the rector and Mrs Anderson received a basket of flowers.
On behalf of those present, Rev Holmes expressed thanks to the ladies who provided and served the supper.
As it was considered opportune and as a continuation of the celebration, preparations are underway to undertake a review of the parish’s Christian Stewardship Programme which has been in place since 1977.
|At the celebrations at St Colman’s, Derrykeighan, are, from left: Mrs Eleanor Anderson, Canon Adam Johns, Rev John Anderson, Miss Ashley Stewart, Rev William Holmes, Mrs Irene McMaster and Mrs Anne Holmes.|