Connor Mothers’ Union
Mothers’ Union is an international Christian membership movement that aims to demonstrate Christian faith through action.
With a membership of over 4 million in 83 countries MU supports marriage and family life by tackling the most urgent needs challenging relationships and communities.
There are 45 branches of MU in Connor Diocese in which members actively support projects locally and worldwide. Led by Diocesan President Sally Cotter and aided by the Diocesan Trustees and Executive Committee, the members contribute to the following projects;
- Knitting little garments and making blankets and snugglies for Neo Natal Units.
- Knitting Comfort Teddies for young children in A&E departments.
- Delivering emergency wash bags to local hospitals and women’s refuge groups.
- Delivering comfort packs to relatives of patients in palliative care who which to remain with their loved ones overnight.
- MU members volunteer in Child Contact Centres where they provide a safe and welcoming environment for separated parents to meet with their children.
- Connor Diocese provides short breaks for families through the ‘Away From It All’ project. Clergy and social works can nominate suitable families for whom life has been particularly stressful.
- Helping Primary School children with their reading.
- Organising Mums and Tots groups.
As part of an international movement the members of Connor Diocese financially aid MU work overseas.
- Support MU workers in many countries.
- Fund the Literacy and Financial Education Programme in Malawi, Burundi, Sudan and South Sudan.
- Through the Relief Fund provides financial support for communities in need after a disaster.
- The Family Life Programme.
- Parenting Programme.
The work of the Mothers’ Union throughout the world is underpinned by prayer.
For more information about the work of the Mothers’ Union please contact
DIOCESAN PRESIDENT SALLY COTTER
Contact Sally at: email@example.com
Diocesan Secretary Irene Gates: firstname.lastname@example.org