A Service of Thanksgiving will be held in St Mark’s Parish Church, Ballysillan, on Sunday May 1 to mark the 160th anniversary of the consecration of the church.
The Parish Church of St Mark was built to serve the expanding village of Ligoniel and the surrounding area of Ballysillan. The foundation stone was laid on May 25 1854 and the church was consecrated on May 1 1856.
The Service of Thanksgiving begins at 6.30pm. It will conducted by the rector, the Rev Robin Moore, and the Rev William Hoey. The preacher will be the Bishop of Connor, the Rt Rev Alan Abernethy.
All are welcome. Clergy are asked to robe.
For catering purposes, please contact Jack Briggs on 028 9022 1873 or Rosemary Patterson on 028 9022 4098.