Christians in Northern Ireland are to unite to launch One Voice, a global movement of prayer and action led by Christian relief and development agency Tearfund.
Re:Ignite – a conference gathering people to pray, reflect, and respond to issues of global injustice – is being held at Carnmoney Presbyterian Church on Saturday February 5 in partnership with 24/7 Prayer. All are welcome.
Andy Flannagan is to lead worship, Bishop Harold Miller and New Wine Ireland’s Hilary McClay will be interviewed by the BBC’s Mark Simpson.
Jim Nicholson, MEP, will also be interviewed about his experiences leading a recent EU delegation to Haiti to assess progress since the earthquake last year.
Tearfund Chief Executive Matthew Frost said: “At this time Tearfund particularly seeks to pray for those still suffering in the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti one year ago, the thousands of refugees displaced by the post-electoral violence in the Ivory Coast, and those affected by recent political upheavals in Egypt.”
Also featuring in Re:Ignite will be workshops for Christians wanting to engage in prayer more deeply, and talk through the theological and practical implications of integral mission and ‘acting justly’. On offer is:
• Re:Connect – with Derek McKelvey and 24/ 7 prayer – ideas to help you and your church reconnect prayerfully with God and practically with your neighbour
• Re:Act – with 24/ 7 prayer –ideas to help young people reconnect prayerfully with God and practically with their neighbours
• Re:Adjust – with Peter Lynas – biblical insight and inspirational stories to help you act justly in your workplace
• Re:Visit – Tim Magowan with Jim Nicholson MEP – Having recently met Tearfund staff and the President Jim Nicholson will highlight stories of challenge and Transformation from his recent visit to Haiti as part of an EU fact finding delegation
• Re:Source – with Andy Flannagan – equip your church to reach out locally and globally.
The conference will conclude at 12.30pm with a set from the Belfast Community Gospel Choir before delegates are invited to lunch at 1pm.
Places are still available and can be reserved by calling the Re:Ignite booking line on: 07799076691.